Reporting to and working in close collaboration with the Head of School and Director of Advancement, the Associate Director of Development (ADD) will plan and implement individual and foundation fundraising, as well as establish a planned giving program, managing a portfolio of prospects and donors that have the capacity to make gifts of $1905 and above. The ADD will assist the Director of Advancement in developing annual fundraising plans and strategies for the school and work with fundraising team members to develop strategies and tactics to secure revenue. This position will manage a portfolio of 40-50 prospects. The ADD will also manage the Alumni Council volunteer group and virtual and in-person events related to their involvement such as the Pathways: Alumni Career Series. Proficiency in Raiser’s Edge, our current database since the late 90s, is preferred.
Roles and Responsibilities:
% of Time
· Responsible for the development and implementation of cultivation, solicitation and stewardship strategies for a portfolio of donors and prospects (40-50 donors/prospects)
· The Associate Director is expected to make between 40-50 gift-related personal visits with donors and prospects on an annual basis, initiate creative one-on-one engagement, and design and close gift solicitations towards reaching an individual fundraising goal of $200,000
· Develop strategies to move existing donors to major donor level
· Develop and maintain key long-term relationships with donors and prospects
· Small-scale writing projects (both electronic and print) related to constituent communications – Northwood News, Annual Report, Reflections
· All other duties as assigned which may include Corporate & Foundation Relations and Planned Giving, and Attendance at Events
· Develop more meaningful opportunities for alumni involvement and manage alumni volunteers
· Executive travel preparation to including compiling suggested visits and bios
If interested in this position, please send a resume with a cover letter, and references to Michael Maher, Head of School, at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please. An on-site or virtual interview is required. Criminal background checks are performed on all new hires. Review of applications will begin immediately, and applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Northwood School is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate or tolerate discrimination against any employee or applicant in any manner prohibited by law.
About Northwood School
Northwood School is an independent, co-educational college preparatory school serving a boarding and day population of 175 students in grades 9 to 12. Located in the Olympic village of Lake Placid, New York, Northwood offers students a unique combination of rigorous academic preparation, wilderness appreciation, and athletic competition. Northwood students are a diverse population representing over a dozen countries and twenty-five states.