Great options and great opportunities. At Banner we are tapestry of cultures, and experiences. A workforce that is honored to serve, and support the community. If you're looking to leverage your abilities - you belong at Banner Health.
The Chief Development Officer for Tucson is part of the Banner Health Foundation's development team supporting the Tucson Philanthropy initiatives. With outstanding clinical facilities, combined with the Banner - University Medical Group Tucson made up of University of Arizona Faculty, support the Banner - University Medicine vision in Southern Arizona: to provide highly coordinated and convenient care for all of Southern Arizona's health care needs, from prevention to complex, offering multiple specialties and all related health services in one convenient location for the entire family.
The incumbent will cultivate both internal and external relationships in Southern Arizona in order to implement and manage major gift development strategies and campaigns. The ideal candidate will be a seasoned fundraising professional and a motivated self-starter who can work both independently and as part of a team. This position requires flexibility, an entrepreneurial spirit and comfort working in an evolving, dynamic environment. Candidate must have extensive major giftfundraising experience in a nonprofit organization, preferably in a healthcare setting, a proven track record of securing major gifts and stewarding donors, and the ability to effectively meet fundraising goals.
The position requires the incumbent to live in Tucson, Arizona.
Your pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Banner Health. This opportunity includes the option to participate in a variety of health, financial, and security benefits. In addition, this position may be eligible for our Management Incentive Program as part of your Total Rewards package. Banner Health Foundation fosters a spirit of giving by making health care solutions a reality. Caring for the future of Arizona since 1978, Banner Health Foundation is supported by the generosity of individuals, corporations, foundations and thousands of active volunteers. These charitable contributions are invested locally in Banner Health's nonprofit facilities and programs to advance the health and wellness of our community. Our Board of Directors oversees the Foundation's outreach efforts and provides counsel on management and strategic issues.
POSITION SUMMARY This position establishes and directs fundraising activities though out the Arizona region. This position cultivates both internal and external relationships in order to implement significant fundraising goals of at least $5 million. Provides leadership, training, and support to peers, management, physicians, philanthropic council members, affinity groups and community volunteers to implement established goals and objectives. Personally identifies prospects and solicits planned gifts, additionally working with peers to provide added expertise to more complex gift agreements.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Participates, as part of the Foundation management team, in the development and evaluation of long/short-term strategic plans to provide vision and direction for all aspects of fund-raising programs, including continuous prospect identification, qualification, coordination, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of all prospects to support the organizations overall mission.
2. Determines and tracks annual individual and collective fundraising goals for Foundation. Evaluate efficacy of strategy with the ability to shift functions midterm to assure goal.
3. Works with facility leadership to identify and determine programs and initiatives for philanthropic investment, with a bias to transformational giving.
4. Provides focused site-based fundraising leadership, including personal solicitation of philanthropic gifts that benefit Banner Health. Researches and assesses donor/funder potential for assigned facility/community/service line to establish appropriate fundraising goals.
5. Identifies prospects and solicits gifts from individual, major prospects including corporations and foundations in the community and nationally. Serves as a highly visible representative of the organization and establishes and maintains strong social and professional relationships with key community members and foundation leaders in order to maximize funding opportunities.
6. Develops and implements innovative engagement and stewardship techniques to create a climate conducive to new and sustained giving in order to increase the number of planned and blended gifts. Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards. Provides all customers of Banner Health with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors each and every day.
7. Banner Health foundation solicits, receives, allocates, and serves as custodian for donations and planned gifts for individual facilities and the organization as a whole. The primary challenge for the incumbent is to identify and evaluate potential prospects and make appropriate senior-level contacts throughout the community, leading to solicitation for philanthropic gifts, corporate support, special event sponsorships and grant funding. Implicit in this challenge is the need for the incumbent to continually develop and enhance the image of Banner Health and the assigned facilities, and motivate influential community leaders to act as fundraisers to promote Banner's overall mission. Of critical importance will be the incumbent's leadership of the Foundation & Corporate Grants Team, which will actively coordinate and prioritize foundation and corporate prospect solicitation to ensure the maximum outcome, which may require elevating a solicitation to a system priority vs. a particular medical campus need.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Knowledge of business management or related area as normally acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree.
Skill level as typically achieved through eight years of major gifts funding, with demonstrated success working with senior-level community leaders, corporations, businesses and foundations. Demonstrated experience in donor retention and upgrade programs. Previous experience in team leadership and program management and familiarity with fundraising software to track prospects and measure progress against goals.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Masters degree. Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) certification. Prior experience in raising funds for research, medical education, and/or Centers of Excellence. Familiarity with healthcare and hospital operations. Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.