Development – General, Donor Relations/Stewardship, Foundation
4 Year Degree
To apply, please submit both a resume and cover letter.
The Assistant Director (AD) position is a full-time position based in Allentown, NJ, and reports to the Executive Director (ED). Reporting to the Assistant Director are the following:
Communications and Special Events Coordinator
The Assistant Director, working closely with the Executive Director, will further the mission and strategic plan of Villages in Partnership. With primary focus on US Operations, the Administrative Director will work to develop partnerships, raising awareness and funds to lift people out of extreme poverty in Malawi.
The Assistant Director will:
Develop goals and objectives that include fundraising to support the operating and capital expenditure targets
Plan, implement and coordinate a comprehensive program to identify, cultivate and develop support from individuals, churches, businesses, and, private and public foundations.
Oversee US fundraising events.
Give presentations to update, motivate and inspire VIP partners.
Provide oversight of marketing, communication plans, preparation of materials, to ensure that information is current to tell the cohesive story of VIP in Malawi.
Recruit and arrange for donors and potential donors to visit Malawi to further solidify relationships.
Manage and lead trips to Malawi, including but not limited to preparation activities such as participant education and cultural sensitization.
Supervise US staff, including development and evaluation of annual goals, individual professional growth and development, and building an effective team environment.
Manage and support a US volunteer network.
Serve as a resource to Committees of the Board, reporting progress to the Executive Director.
Write and submit proposals to increase corporate and foundation support.
Perform other duties as assigned by the ED
The Assistant Director must demonstrate the following personal and professional qualifications:
Manifests evidence of personal faith in Jesus Christ, supporting the Vision and Mission of VIP
At least 3-5 years of development experience preferred; experience with a non-profit organization and with some focus on international development desirable
Bachelor’s degree preferred with a master’s degree desirable in areas related to the work of VIP.
Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) preferred
Demonstrated success in fundraising and donor cultivation
Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to craft compelling stories from quantitative and qualitative data.
Cultural sensitivity and a willingness to empathize and to learn about the lives and culture of our brothers and sisters in Malawi
Has or is willing to develop knowledge of scripture to support donor development efforts
About Villages In Partnership
Villages in Partnership (VIP), an independent non-profit corporation based in Allentown, NJ, is a community of people and organizations who are devoted to coming alongside the people living in the remote villages of Malawi, Africa. We experience God’s transforming love as we share burdens, solutions, and resources to holistically address six critical needs of human development.
• OUR VISION is a world in which communities from across the globe work together in partnership to transform each other’s lives so that people are relieved from suffering and can begin to achieve their full potential.
• OUR BELIEF is that we can empower people to raise themselves from extreme poverty by coming alongside them as partners to share each other’s burdens, resources, and solutions.
• OUR MISSION is to build partnerships between villages in the developed world and villages in Malawi to bring about life-changing development for all.
• OUR METHOD is to work with local development experts in Malawi to implement programs designed to simultaneously address the inter-connected web of root causes of extreme poverty: lack of access to clean water, food insecurity, poor health care, inadequate educati...on, insufficient infrastructure, and lack of economic opportunities.
• OUR MOTIVATION is to respond to the call of Jesus Christ to love and serve the poor, the hungry, the widowed, and the orphaned.