The Director of the Aldine Education Foundation is responsible for the planning, direction, development, administration, supervision and implementation of a comprehensive development program that will complement and provide financial assistance to support the strategic initiatives and goals of the Aldine Independent School District. The Director serves as the liaison between the school district and the Aldine Education Foundation Board of Directors and is also charged with executing the Foundation’s mission.
• Bachelor's degree in communications, business, non-profit management, or a related field, from an accredited college or university; Master’s degree preferred
• Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) certificate preferred
• Minimum five (5) years in leadership roles and a consistent record of success in fundraising
• Minimum three (3) years of non-profit organizational management including strategic planning, board relations, and operating /financial management
• Experience leading in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment; adaptable when managing multiple, shifting priorities; ease at managing competing demands and determining priorities independently
• Ability to execute large and small scale special events and functions
• Possess a thorough understanding of and exhibits proficiency in fundraising, event planning, non-profit foundation partnerships, marketing, public speaking, volunteer organization, and leadership skills
• Ability to communicate effectively with a variety of audiences
• Excellent knowledge and understanding of fundraising for a large non-profit organization
• Highly effective organizational and consensus building skills
• Knowledge and understanding of school district policies and procedures
To be considered for this position, interested applicants must upload the following documents to their employment application by Tuesday, July 7, 2020: 1. Letter of interest 2. Current resume 3. Official transcript(s)
NO APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED WITHOUT REQUESTED DOCUMENTS.
Aldine Education Foundation (AEF) was established in 2012 to assist Aldine ISD in reaching its goal to Produce the Nation’s Best. Aldine ISD is the 10th largest public school district in Texas and has existed for more than 80 years. Of its 67,000 students at 82 campuses, more than 85% of our students are economically disadvantaged.
Aldine Education Foundation is led by a volunteer Board of Directors working to raise private funds from individuals, corporations, foundations, and community organizations interested in improving education for the youth of the Aldine area. These monies provide needed resources to supplement ever-dwindling public funds received by Aldine ISD and deliver new programs not funded through traditional revenue streams.