Reporting to senior management within the Development unit and working closely with a team of development professionals, the successful applicant will:
- Present opportunities to donors and prospective donors that align their philanthropic objectives with the University's priorities for support;
- Oversee, be accountable for, possess in-depth experience and demonstrated fundraising success with a major gift portfolio;
- Attend visits to donors and prospective donors with University Team members including Deans, Associate Deans and Directors;
- Develop relationships and work in consort with internal stakeholders including subject matter experts, to learn and understand cogent and compelling arguments for support.
- Work with University Faculty and staff members to help identify prospects with strong links to the University and capacity to support the institution;
- Manage a major gift portfolio of prospects and donors to secure and continue donor support;
- Develop and implement strategies to ensure long term relationships with donors;
- Present opportunities to prospective corporate sponsors that align community investment goals with those of University key branded events;
- Match the philanthropic objectives of donors and the institutional priorities;
- Ensure all project and donor information collected is captured and used appropriately in the best interests of the donor and the institution;
- Adhere to the policies, processes and procedures established by the University and the University Advancement and Communications Department specifically regarding gift acceptance, naming and recognition.