- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university and valid CA Driver’s License with proof of insurance required.
- Minimum five (5) years of professional experience as a seasoned, performance-driven senior development officer of a higher education or nonprofit institution, which may include major gifts, planned giving, and capital campaigns.
- Minimum five (5) years of management or supervisory experience with major gifts program of six figures plus, with performance driven metrics and accountability.
- Demonstrated ability to be an effective team builder and ability to maintain positive work relationships,
on and off campus with a diverse population of individuals from different ethnic and cultural
backgrounds, and will support and contribute to diversity and opportunity in higher education.
- Demonstrated ability and success in major gift fundraising and donor cultivation, experience with successful major gift solicitations to individuals and corporations, and management of performance metrics and data driven decision making.
- Demonstrate creativity and leadership in strategic planning including prioritization based on return on investment (ROI), with the ability to implement and provide oversight of ongoing development efforts at the college level including deans and campus leadership.
- Knowledge and understanding of higher education practices and collaborations with a variety of constituents and colleagues, while maintaining the highest standards of professional integrity, work ethics, and conduct.
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal and communication skills to build trust, and motivate and inspire staff, volunteers, donors, and others to achieve their maximum potential.
- Demonstrated oral and written skills communicating with a variety of constituents, including high-profile leaders.
- Master’s degree from an accredited university.
- Five (5) to eight (8) years of management or supervisory experience in higher education fundraising.
- Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) certification
- Demonstrated understanding of the contemporary issues and the operational characteristics of higher education fundraising.
A complete job description can be found at: http://www.cpp.edu/~jobs/index.shtml
Appointment Date/Salary: The University seeks to have the AVP in place be early September. Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Nominations and Applications: First consideration will be given to complete application packages by June 5, 2017. A complete application will include (1) a letter of interest, which explains in detail and, where possible, provides examples of how the candidate meets the qualifications specified in this announcement; (2) a current curriculum vitae or resume; (3) the names, titles, addresses, telephone numbers, and email addresses of five references. Additional information may be requested. Hiring authority will conduct due diligence on selected finalists. Finalists will be required to complete a University employment application and may be required to pass a LiveScan criminal records check.
Please email inquiries, nominations, and applications to:
Search Committee, AVP for University Development
c/o Diana Saldana, Search Coordinator
Office of the Vice President for University Advancement
Cal Poly Pomona University
(909) 869-6989 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
California State Polytechnic University, Pomona is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. The university seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to serve the people of California, to maintain the excellence of the university, and to offer our students richly varied disciplines, perspectives, and ways of knowing. Cal Poly Pomona subscribes to all state and federal regulations and prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender, identity/gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, age, disability, genetic information, medical condition, and covered veteran status. The university hires only individuals lawfully authorized to work in the United States. As required by the Clery Disclosure Act, the university’s annual security report is available at http://www.cpp.edu/~police/annual-security-report.shtml.