WINS is a charitable, social enterprise offering support and resources to women and their families in Calgary and area. Our goal is to support these women so that they may gain the knowledge, skills and confidence to achieve self-sufficiency. Through our Free Goods Referral Program, four Family Resource Centers, and four Thrift Stores we serve:
- women transitioning from shelters
- single mothers and their children in crisis situations; and
- new Canadians
The Fund Developer is an adjunct role to the WINS organization. This self-sustaining role with an initial term of 6 – 9 months on a part-time basis will appeal to a senior professional looking to transition their final years of a successful fund development career. During this time, WINS will assess the on-going direction and sustainability for the role. Reporting directly to the Executive Director, the primary responsibility for the Fund Developer is the strategic execution and management of a comprehensive annual fundraising program allowing WINS to meet its mission of serving Calgary women and their families in need. This will include the coordination and oversight of initiatives in the areas of fund development and donor relations. The Fund Developer will coordinate the communication and prospecting strategies involving but not limited to email, direct mail, grant applications, relationship building/stewardship, and social media campaigns all focused on shaping a sustainable tradition of annual support.
- Provide strategic leadership and hands-on execution for the WINS annual donations campaign.
- Provide recommendations to achieve fundraising, and donations revenue targets.
- Develop customized plans, proposals, grant applications and stewardship reports ensuring all deadlines are met.
- Build and maintain relationships with donors, prospective donors and key stakeholders.
- Maximize the use of WINS donor relationship database to target and segment donors. The goal will be to improve the success of WINS fund raising initiatives include the tracking, documentation and reporting on all fundraising initiative and campaign results.
- Actively search for grant opportunities and partner with members of the Senior Leadership team to ensure applications are aligned with the business need being solicited.
- Where applicable, coordinate opportunities for donors to engage with WINS programming and/or operations to learn or inquire about the area their gift has supported.
- Support all special events such as WINS 25th Anniversary celebration, festivals, and marketing initiatives aimed at increasing the public’s awareness of WINS.
- Support the retail operations of WINS with direct solicitation of gifts-in-kind and services to support WINS social enterprise
- Build and maintain close relationships with corporate volunteer groups, service clubs, and faith based organizations to initiate a ‘call for help’ when needed or when offered.
- Recommend, implement and monitor key performance indicators for the annual fund raising plan and support the Executive Director with reporting to WINS Board of Directors.
- Act as a well-informed ambassador for WINS at presentations, donor meetings, volunteer greetings, recognition and external community events.
- Model WINS values and demonstrate strength in working collaboratively with members of the WINS staff and volunteers to advance the mission.
- Post-secondary degree or equivalent with a specialization in communication, business, fundraising, or other relevant area; a suitable combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Minimum of five years of fund development experience; fund-raising in a not-for-profit environment would be considered an asset.
- Demonstrated success and progressive track record of soliciting and closing donor support, developing high potential prospects and donors, and strengthening relationships to raise funds and meet funding goals.
- CFRE (Certified Fund Raising Executive), or AFP (Association of Fundraising Professionals) or similar professional designation would be an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to build and strategically lever relationships ranging from donors and supporters to Board members to volunteers.
- Ability to work independently in articulating and driving new initiatives or enhancing existing programs.
- Persuasive and professional writing, presentation and communication skills.
- Well established project management skills with the ability to manage multiple demands in a dynamic and time-sensitive environment.
- Dependable, flexible, and resourceful with excellent team and interpersonal skills.
- Microsoft Office proficiency including Outlook, Power Point, Excel, and Word.
- Proven track record in the use of social media for fundraising
- Experience with CRM systems (WINS uses Kindful) is required along with the ability to build queries and reports.
Your next steps:
If you have what it takes to join our team, we would like to hear from you! Interested and qualified applicants are invited to submit their interest and qualifications to email@example.com.
Your qualifications will be reviewed by our team, however only candidates that are selected for an interview will be contacted. We are unable to respond to individual inquiries regarding the status of your application.
Thank you for your interest in an opportunity with WINS! Please visit our website at http://www.womeninneed.net to learn more about us.