Chief Development Officer
Mission Predisan has demonstrated an impressive record of service, growth, and stewardship across its 30 years of expanding service to the people of Honduras. Founded in 1986 as a Christian medical ministry, Predisan has grown tremendously and developed a range of programs offering hope and holistic care in accordance with God’s redemptive plan. As Predisan embarks on its second 30 years of service, the time has come to fully staff a development office to build upon Predisan’s significant history of success in securing philanthropic support from individuals, churches, corporations, and foundations. The new chief development officer will be presented with the opportunity to build a new staff office, meet short and intermediate term funding goals, and grow commitments to Predisan’s endowment for vital long-term support of the ministry.
The Chief Development Officer (CDO) is the organization’s chief fundraising and marketing officer and works closely with the CEO, Founding Missionary, the Board of Directors, Board of Experts, and Board of Ambassadors to meet both annual and long range goals of the organization. The successful candidate will also be tasked with staffing a new fundraising office in Atlanta, Georgia. The current strategic plan anticipates the CDO hiring both an administrative assistant and development officer in 2017 as new positions. The CDO reports directly to the CEO of Predisan in Honduras and is evaluated annually by the CEO and the Board of Directors and has primary relationships with senior management and program staff in Honduras.
- Implement the centralized office staffing plan in an effective and timely manner.
- Oversee the timely and effective launch of the Board of Experts and Board of Ambassadors.
- Effectively communicate a long-term vision focused upon Predisan’s endowment.
- Establish annual strategy, budget, and goals for development.
- Encourage and motivate staff, board, and volunteers in their respective roles.
- Serve as the key spokesperson for all Predisan constituents in the United States.
- Foster an accountable, ethical, collegial and compassionate spirit with staff and volunteers.
- Model the spiritual values of Predisan both within the organization and among donors.
- Build deep relationships with donors that convey Predisan’s gratitude for their support.
- Assure consistent communications inspire others by conveying the passion of Predisan.
- Travel to Honduras for board meetings and site visits as warranted for major prospects.
- Travel across the United States to key and emerging markets with CEO or Founding Missionary.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant regulations and laws.
Annual Revenue Plan
- Design measurable and attainable goals in annual fund, event, major gift, church, corporate and foundation giving needed to secure the annual work plan in Honduras.
- Personally cultivate and actively engage a large portfolio of major donors across the United States, involving the CEO and/or Founding Missionary to the greatest extent possible.
- Assure the training and acclimation of new administrative and fundraising staff hires to both harness their productivity and their modeling of Predisan’s values.
- Develop clearly defined plans to effectively utilize the skills and networks of the Board of Experts and especially the Board of Ambassadors.
- Assume responsibility for coordinating the travel calendars of the CEO and Founding Missionary and frequently travel with them to provide them access to the largest possible number of donors and prospects.
- Assure annual personal solicitation of major donors and prospects, along with timely and compelling written and digital solicitation of the remainder of the donor and prospect base.
- Work closely with the CEO to monitor both giving and development activities on a monthly basis to assure accountability to established goals.
- Measure and evaluate the effectiveness of all key development programs, events, and activities.
- Maintain a master calendar of events.
- Oversee acknowledgement letters and tax documents to donors.
- Actively engage primary donor bases in Atlanta, Dallas, and Oklahoma City.
- Support growth for secondary and emerging donor bases in Chattanooga, Nashville, San Antonio, St. Louis, and Tulsa, etc.
Long Term Revenue Plan
- Develop a strong understanding of the Predisan Endowment and oversee growth and management.
- Recognize founders of the Predisan Endowment Society and keep them apprised of growth and the funding it makes possible.
- Actively communicate the importance of estate planning and the flexibility the Predisan Endowment provides.
- Showcase funding the endowment makes possible on an annual basis to encourage prospects to consider including Predisan in their estate plans.
Marketing and Public Relations
- Develop and implement a strategic marketing plan that communicates Predisan’s mission in a compelling and consistent manner.
- Fully leverage opportunities in both print and digital formats to present the story of Predisan with appropriate frequency and inspiring content.
- Assure consistent use of branding and further develop brand recognition that incorporates style and content attractive to a wide range of constituent ages.
- Assure timely production of a printed annual report to donors that conveys both the scope of Predisan’s work and strong stewardship of gifts and contributions.
- Assure quality, availability, and consistency of all collateral materials both print and digital, including the Predisan website.
- Oversee Predisan’s social media presence, including Facebook posts and fostering of family style communication within Predisan Familia, created to deepen emotional ties within the Predisan Family.
- Lead the auditing process of the USA office every year.