OUR GROWTH IS CREATING PROMISING FUTURES. ANNUAL GIVING SPECIAL EVENT PROGRAM MANAGER
With the recent opening of Centegra Hospital-Huntley, fresh and progressive opportunities are dawning for patients and health care providers in McHenry County. As the second health system in Illinois to receive Magnet® status, the newest addition to the Centegra family of hospitals has created growth-friendly openings throughout our system. If you seek a career where your professional development is a shared priority between you and your employer, we encourage you to explore a future with Centegra.
Reporting to the Centegra Health System vice president, the professional we select will oversee the major fundraising and stewardship events and annual giving program of the Centegra Health System Foundation, including the Centegra Health System Auxiliary. Working directly with the vice president, major gifts officer, staff, board and council, this individual will act as the strategic lead in oversight of the budget, logistics, volunteers, and communication. Additional responsibilities include the following:
- Using budget-management skills and assuring proactive tactical implementation of events and activities to support strategic goals.
- Contributing to the Foundation's financial and stewardship goals by strategizing, planning, and evaluating the annual giving plan, as well as all major fundraising and stewardship events.
- Collaborating with the Auxiliary director, Foundation vice president, major gifts officer,, and board/council members to identify and develop event opportunities, achieve positive revenue, and support goals.
- Working closely with others to lead the Grateful Patient Program, feed the pipeline for future major gift prospects, and surpass revenue goals.
- Coordinating the Associate Giving Program on behalf of the Centegra Health System Foundation.
- Developing major fundraising event plans aligned with agreed-upon goals.
- Managing all event communications and budgets.
- Selecting, recommending, and managing all special-event opportunities.
- Coordinating and overseeing staffing for of individual events/activities.
- Partnering with the Centegra special events/marketing team to ensure alignment with our image and branding.
- Identifying best practices related to Foundation and Auxiliary events.
- Executing all event logistics, including venue research, sponsorship, materials, food and beverage, PR, décor, entertainment, auctions, and credit-card processing.
- Recruiting and training volunteers for roles/responsibilities.
- Helping to create and manage the donor recognition and acknowledgement process.
- Monitoring event budgets for alignment with best practices.
- Executing vendor bidding and overseeing the contract process.
- Measuring and reporting special event effectiveness through accurate tracking.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Three or more years of experience in special event planning.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, public-speaking, organizational and relationship-building skills.
- Computer proficiency.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities, including project management and deadlines.
- Experience recruiting and managing volunteers and staffing fundraising committees.
- The ability to remain composed under pressure and take responsibility for timely follow-through on commitments.
- The ability to analyze and integrate information from relevant sources and make informed decisions.
- The diplomatic skill to handle authority and/or respond to criticism tactfully.
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- The willingness and ability to represent Centegra Health System at public events.
- The willingness and ability to work some nights and weekends.
- The ability to regularly lift/carry items weighing up to 20 pounds, and push-pull items weighing up to 40 pounds.
- Five or more years of experience in event planning, including some experience working with volunteers.
- Proficiency with events-management software tools and customer-relationship management
To explore career opportunities and apply online, visit centegra.org/jobs