Prader-Willi Syndrome Association (USA) - Sarasota, FL
DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT for Prader-Willi Syndrome Association (USA). seeks an experienced Director of Development to oversee existing programs of membership, grants, corporate sponsorships, donor cultivation, stewardship, events and recognition. The position will work with a Development Committee, Board of Directors and Executive Director to develop, implement, manage and evaluate a strategic plan to set and achieve major gift, capital, endowment, annual giving and planned giving goals. This position supervises a support staff and volunteers.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
- proven track record (5-10 years) in researching, cultivating, soliciting and closing major gift prospects in the $10,000+ range
- Demonstrate success in a variety of fundraising venues
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, mentor staff (direct report and others), problem solve, analyze data, and manage a budget
- An understanding of fundraising trends with a proclivity to technology is a must
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree with CFRE certification; an advanced degree is a plus.
- High degree of computer literacy, including proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and social media
- Working knowledge of donor database software.
- Working knowledge of DonorPerfect software a plus.
- Knowledge and understanding of issues pertaining to the rare disease community a plus.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $75,000.00 /year
Fundraising: 5 years
Development: 5 years