IMI Association Executives Inc. is an association management company (AMC) that since 1986 has been providing turnkey, high-touch service to the not-for-profit community. We represent a solid team of professionals working in a financially stable setting, ready to assist charities, trade and professional associations, as well as licensing, certification and accreditation Boards in meeting their constituents' needs.
Located in Raleigh, North Carolina, just minutes from Research Triangle Park, IMI Association Executives Inc. is the management choice for non-profit entities that have local, state, regional, national and international scope.
Client Designation: La Leche League International (LLLI)
Founded in 1956, LLLI operates an international network of volunteers who assist mothers interested in breastfeeding their babies. LLLI’s mission is to help mothers worldwide to breastfeed through mother-tomother support, encouragement, information and education, and to promote a better understanding of breastfeeding as an important element in the healthy development of the baby and mother.
To accomplish its mission LLLI trains and certifies volunteers who have personal breastfeeding experience to help other mothers get breastfeeding off to a good start and provide ongoing support. LLLI’s trained breastfeeding counselors, called La Leche League Leaders, assist mothers through group gatherings and one-onone consultations. Leaders and members of LLLI reach out to their communities to educate healthcare professionals and others about the health giving benefits of breastfeeding and share information about LLLI’s mission of education and personal mother support.
The LLLI office is the center of a worldwide association of affiliated LLL organizations. It guides and supports LLLI affiliates in their efforts to grow and sustain a local volunteer presence. LLLI connects globally with like-minded organizations to continually improve its breastfeeding educational services and support. For more information, please visit www.llli.org
IMI is seeking an experienced, strategic, and highly motivated Development Director to lead and grow LLLI’s fundraising program. Reporting to and in partnership with the Executive Director, the Development Director will be responsible for planning, developing and implementing comprehensive strategies to increase individual and corporate contributions to LLLI. The Development Director will lead all elements of LLLI’s development operations, including annual appeals, grants, major gift solicitations, affiliate programs, and corporate sponsorships.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Partner effectively with LLLI's Board of Directors, ensuring all Board members clearly understand the organization's development strategy, sustainability, and their role in helping ensure its success.
- Support the Resource Development Committee and also provide guidance on Board contributions and fundraising goals.
- Create systems and processes that foster collaboration among LLLI’s many diverse volunteers and constituents.
- Serve as an external face of LLLI, representing the organization to donors, funders, auditors, and La Leche League Leaders.
- In collaboration with the Executive Director, set and meet targets for fundraising to expand LLLI’s reach and influence.
- In collaboration with the Executive Director and Board, provide strategic recommendations and execute a long-term strategy to meet LLLI's fundraising needs using analysis and forecasting and which is in line with the organization’s mission, vision, and philosophy.
- Secure financial support for LLLI from individuals, foundations, and corporations.
- Manage the implementation of Raiser's Edge or other comparable fundraising tracking systems, and oversee staff responsible for data entry and gift processing.
- Develop and cultivate ongoing relationships with major donors, in addition to identifying new major donor prospects and growing their giving.
- Create and execute a strategy to grow the base of annual individual donors.
- Create and execute strategy to grow planned gifts.
- Develop the grant strategy for LLLI and oversee the proposals and reports for all foundation and corporate fundraising.
- Plan and manage ongoing and appropriate donor recognition and stewardship.
- Design and oversee systems of financial reporting for the Board, funders, government agencies, internal decision-makers and for grants management processes, while ensuring the integrity, accuracy and relevance of all development reports.
- Direct strategic communications efforts to increase LLLI’s visibility, developing content as needed while ensuring that all external materials are in keeping with the LLLI brand and values.