Donor Relations/Stewardship, Foundation, Major Gifts
4 Year Degree
Foundations and Business Relations Manager Hours: 32 hours/week, flexible 4-day work week (full time) Salary: $55,000 - 65,000, contingent on experience Benefits: Excellent benefits package, including health insurance, dental & vision coverage, sick days, holidays, and vacation Supervisor: Director of Development Deadline: December 15, 2017
Organizational Background Green America is a national non-profit organization that mobilizes consumers, investors, and businesses to use their economic power to create an environmentally sustainable and socially just economy.
We create change in the world with three strategic hubs: 1) Our Consumer Education & Action campaigns create consumer demand that sends signals to the market calling for change, 2) Our Green Business Network is proving that green innovation is not only good for people and our planet, it is also profitable and sustainable, and 3) Our Center for Sustainability Solutions brings together diverse stakeholders along entire supply chains to solve complex sustainability problems that no single business, organization, or leader can solve alone.
We organize our national network of 250,000+ consumer activists, 2,000 Green Business Network members, and our growing list of corporate and supply chain partners around four core issue areas: 1) Safe Food & Sustainable Agriculture, 2) Clean Energy & Climate Action, 3) Fair Labor & Social Justice, and 4) Responsible Finance & Better Banking.
Duties and Responsibilities We seek an experienced development professional to manage, cultivate, and steward the organization’s current foundation and green business sponsors and leadership supporters, while also growing the for pipeline for both revenue streams.
The Foundations & Business Relations Manager will work closely with our Green Business Network (GBN) team to:
• Steward our current Business Leaders (businesses and business owners who make philanthropic gifts of $1,000+ annually) and Sponsors (businesses who support our work and programs with sponsorship arrangements ranging from $1,000-50,000). A sampling of our current business supporters include: Clif Bar, Dr. Bronner’s Magic Soaps, Nutiva, Crofter’s Organic, Beneficial State Bank, and Calvert Social Investing.
• Develop new sponsorship packages to secure support from green businesses for our consumer education and mobilization campaigns and the growth of our green business network.
• Assist with development of GBN growth strategies and new sponsorship opportunities, building and growing the pipeline for GBN Leaders and Sponsors.
• Develop strong, productive relationships with business Leaders and Sponsors, identifying their needs and issues important to them and determining how we can work together to meet our respective mission/business goals.
• Maintain record of all interactions with business supporters and prospects in our fundraising database, Raisers Edge.
The Foundations & Business Relations Manager will also work closely with the Development Director and Programs Team to: • Renew current foundation grants through ongoing cultivation and stewardship, timely reports and renewal proposals, and meetings with foundation staff.
• Research and identify potential new foundation supporters, connect with program officers and foundation staff, and write new letters of inquiry and full proposals.
• Develop strong, productive relationships with new and prospective foundation supporters and foundation affinity groups.
• Coordinate publication mailings (Green American magazine, National Green Pages, etc.) to current and prospective foundations.
• Maintain record of all interactions with foundations in our fundraising database, Raisers Edge.
The Foundations and Business Relations Manager will also work with the Center for Sustainability Solutions’ development staff and director to identify and cultivate potential supporters for the overlapping areas of Green America’s work. (Examples: A single foundation may be interested in supporting both our supply chain and consumer programs work in sustainable agriculture, or a green business may be both a participant in a Center working group and a sponsor of a Green America consumer or green business program.)
The current portfolio of foundation grants and business sponsorships/leadership gifts totals approximately $580,000 per year of the organization’s $4M budget. With support from the Green Business Network and Development teams, the Foundations and Business Relations Manager will be responsible for growing both areas of revenues in the years to come. The position will involve domestic travel (at least 3-5 times per year), and the position would be based in Washington, DC at the Green America offices.
Skills/Experience • Bachelor’s degree and at least 4-6 years of proven grants, corporate/business sponsorships, and/or major gifts fundraising experience. • Demonstrated experience in producing successful letters of inquiry, proposals and reports. • Demonstrated relationship building experience and solicitation of sponsorships, grants, and/or major gifts ($10,000+). • Demonstrated ability to utilize technology and donor databases to manage fundraising efforts, track actions, and build funder relationships. • Donor research skills and the ability to effectively identify, segment, and prioritize prospective business supporters and foundations. • Proven ability to effectively work in coordination with other team and department leaders. • Strong project management and organizational skills with ability to meet tight deadlines, identify areas of synergies across teams, and develop new fundraising strategies. • Exemplary communications skills, interpersonal skills, professionalism, and ability to build long-term relationships with key stakeholders. • Excellent written skills with demonstrated ability to craft compelling, effective messaging and collateral for fundraising purposes. • Strong intrinsic interest in issues directly related to Green America’s mission. • Ability to obtain a deep understanding of Green America’s main program areas, and communicate this understanding to donors. • Certified Fundraising Executive (CFRE) certification a plus. How to Apply:
Send COVER LETTER and RESUME to Kathy Harget, Director of Development: firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls, please. Green America is an equal opportunity employer.
• Bachelor’s degree and at least 4-6 years of proven grants, corporate/business sponsorships, and/or major gifts fundraising experience.
Additional Salary Information: Commensurate with experience
Green America is a national non-profit organization that mobilizes consumers, investors, and businesses to use their economic power to create an environmentally sustainable and socially just economy. We create change in the world with three strategic hubs: 1) Our Consumer Education & Action campaigns create consumer demand that sends signals to the market calling for change, 2) Our Green Business ...Network is proving that green innovation is not only good for people and our planet, it is also profitable and sustainable, and 3) Our Center for Sustainability Solutions brings together diverse stakeholders along entire supply chains to solve complex sustainability problems that no single business, organization, or leader can solve alone.