Capital Campaigns/Endowment, Development – General
4 Year Degree
The Denver Police Law Enforcement Museum is seeking a Capital Campaign/Development Director. The position is newly created contract employee responsible for reaching our six million dollar goal to build, construct and furnish our new facility. The key duties will include:
1. Work with the DPLEM board to develop and implement a comprehensive Capital Campaign Plan.
2. Oversee all campaign related communications including print and collateral materials.
3. Ensure that data related to prospects and donors is collected, recorded and tracked.
4. Prepare reports on fundraising to present to board.
5. Ensure timely donor acknowledgement, stewardship and recognition .
6. Oversee Museum membership.
The ideal candidate should have
1. 3 to 5 years of experience in fundraising with a track record of success and specific capital experience.
2. Budgeting Experience
3. Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, working effectively with board members, volunteers, donors and prospects.
4. Energetic, self motivated, adaptable, able to multitask and work independently, a team player with an attitude of service.
5. Knowledge of necessary computer software, web applications needed for today's fundraising.
6. Knowledge of Colorado sate and national philanthropy organizations.
Additional Salary Information: The museum is a start up with a goal of reaching 6 million dollars. Special financial incentives will be available for reaching mutually agreed upon goals in a timely manner
The Denver Police Museum is a non profit corporation formed in 2008. The mission of DPLEM is to preserve and educate the public on history of law enforcement throughout Denver and Colorado. The museum also works actively to encourage young people to consider a career in law enforcement through interactive display including various police related simulators and CSI experiments. The museum has acqu...ired a high visibility piece of property in a soon to be community redeveloped high traffic area. Museum is prepared to undertake a capital Development Program and is looking for a Capital Campaign Manager/development Director.