Annual Giving, Donor Relations/Stewardship, Special Events
4 Year Degree
As a local leader in providing therapeutic and academic programs to children and families throughout Colorado, Griffith Centers for Children Chins Up seeks an experienced fundraising professional who will flourish in a work environment where strengths and well-being are celebrated. Collaborating with diverse staff from throughout the organization and our community partners, the Director of Development guides and implements a strategic fundraising program including: special events, annual giving, major gifts, corporate gifts, and planned giving. The Director of Development works closely with the President/Chief Executive Officer, Executive leadership and Board members to identify, cultivate and provide stewardship for donors.
Education: BA/BS preferred. Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) preferred.
Experience: Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a senior level fundraiser and/or non-profit management. Experience with health-related organizations or human services organizations preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of professional ethics and fundraising.
- Knowledge of public policy issues affecting healthcare
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Public speaking, non-profit communication management experience strongly preferred.
- Proficient use of information management software including donora management software, MS Excel, Raisers Edge.
Demonstrated ability to engage and communicate effectively (oral and written) and develop relationships with people from all walks of life from both inside and outside the organization.
- Ability to give, receive, and analyze information; formulate work plans, prepare written materials, articulate goals and action plancs.
- Demonstrated skill in use of state-of-the-art technologies for donor engagement and cultivation.
The Griffith Centers for Children/Chins Up is a non-profit agency that provides a full continuum of therapeutic treatment and academic services for boys, girls, and families. We are licensed and nationally accredited to serve children from birth to 21 years of age. We provide community programs such as family preservation, day treatment, education and counseling services. We also provide residenti...al programs (foster care and shared family care, adoption, group homes), residential treatment, and independent living services.
We’re changing Colorado Communities one family at a time!